Diploma in Pharmacy is a 2-year-long career-oriented, diploma course. Students who wish to pursue a long-term career in the medical field of pharmaceutical sciences, and start a career in the pharmaceutical industry, can take admission to the D Pharma course.
D Pharmacy Admission is done based on either merit or an entrance exam. To be eligible for the Diploma in Pharmacy course, candidates must have passed their 10+2 with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks. They must be from the Science Stream to pursue the D Pharmacy course. The D Pharma average annual course fee ranges from INR 10,000 to INR 1,00,000.
D Pharmacy syllabus is designed to prepare candidates to work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist in hospitals, community pharmacies, and other pharmaceutical-related fields. Candidates can also pursue MBA in Pharmaceutical Management after this course, though they would need to complete their undergraduate degree first. Read More: Career as a Pharmacist
Why Pursue D Pharmacy
D.Pharmacy as a course has its own set of advantages as well as opportunities that provides an edge over other job scopes and roles. Some of the basic reasons for pursuing D.Pharm courses are,
- Social Responsibility: Pharmacists play an important role in the society as they define the health care sector. They contribute towards the health and welfare of the people of a society
- Huge Career Options: Pharmacists can work in organizations such as Hospitals, Nursing homes, Colleges and the medical industry as a whole
- Career Growth: Healthcare is an ever growing and non static career. Candidates in healthcare career have a vast opportunity in terms of growth and development
- Working Flexibility: Since it is a 24*7 job, one can opt from working for either a day shift or a night shift.
Who Should do a D Pharmacy
- Students who wish to make a career in the healthcare sector must pursue D.Pharmacy.
- Candidates who wish to pursue a career in the Pharmaceutics Industry and want to start with a diploma course, can seek admission to the D Pharma course.
- Candidates who wish to pursue MBA in Pharmaceutical Management can also pursue a D Pharmacy course.
When to do a D Pharmacy
- Candidates can pursue a D.Pharmacy course after completing their 10+2.
- For pursuing D.Pharmacy students must have cleared their 10+2 with the Science stream.
- Students with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks, seeking to pursue a career in the Pharmaceutical industry can also apply right after finishing their 10+2.